Well, it happened. I wasn’t sure it ever would, but I found a recipe for chocolate brownies that is even better than mine. Sarah, who made these gluten and dairy free chocolate brownies, very kindly agreed to let me share the recipe, these brownies are really too good to be kept a secret….
300g brown caster sugar
250g softened Pure dairy-free butter
250g of the best chocolate you can get (darker is better and aim for ~70% cocoa solids)
3 large eggs plus the yolk of another egg
100g GF plain flour
60g of good cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
Optional: Pecan, macadamia or walnuts
The steps involved are simple:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C
2) Line a large baking tin (23cm) with baking paper
3) Cream the sugar and butter with a mixer until white and fluffy
4) Melt 200g of the chocolate and chop the remaining 50g into small pieces or “gravel” put this aside.
5) Lightly beat the egg mixture and introduce to the creamed sugar/butter slowly with the beater running slowly until combined.
6) Pour in the molten chocolate and fold with a spoon. Add in the chopped chocolate bits.
7) Sift in the dry ingredients and fold in with spoon gently as to not knock any air out.
Pour it gently into the baking tin and bake for about 30-35mins. It is ready when you stick a fork in and it comes out a bit sticky but without any raw batter. It will be soft and solidifies a bit when it cools so don’t panic if they seem squishy.
Eat with ice cream, or cream, or if you are like me, late at night, in secret, straight!