*This is a review post. I was kindly sent some skincare to try*
As a mum, who has dealt with her fair share of lack of sleep, I am aware of tiredness showing, and I can feel tired and look tired. Lack of sleep, a busy life, sometimes not looking after myself as much as I should make me look less than my best. Tired eyes can often give away how I am feeling.
Skincare for me, is now very important, and I am trying to look after my skin, so it looks after me. Fighting off the signs of tiredness and aging is something of a game I now play.
There are some tips and tricks I use to help me look slightly less like I might have survived a night of less than optimal sleep.
Sleep is important. If you can, make sure you are getting enough. However, as a mum, I know this doesn’t always happen.
- Always remove makeup, and eye make up before you go to bed. Don’t leave it on overnight, even if it’s tempting to just fall into bed. Panda eyes might look cute on a panda, or when you are a teenager after a night out, but as your skin gets older it just makes the skin on and around your eyes feel puffy and sore.
- Use a good, but gentle concealer on your eye area, one that hides shadows and helps to soften lines but also brightens the eye area. It can be a bit trial and error to find one that works for you but a good under eye concealer is worth its weight in gold.
- If your eyes are puffy or feeling tired, then you can treat them to a cooling eye mask. I personally find keeping a bottle of eye tonic that contains witch hazel, in the fridge, to use on cotton pads, laid across your eyes for 10 minutes, helps to make my eyes feel a lot less sorry for themselves. You can also use a chamomile tea bag, steeped in water, then cooled, for the same effect, to help de-puff and soothe.
- Use good eye drops to brighten, and refresh your eyes. I always have a bottle in my make up bag.
- Use an SPF based eye cream during the day, to protect the skin around your eyes and be very sensible about sun exposure. Wear good UV protecting sunglasses when you can.
- I also love to use a gentle and calming eye gel, to help give my eyes a lift and a boost.
This lovely eye gel from Revivals is perfect for tightening, toning and calming the eye area and helping to perk them up.
Eyes are the focal point in your face, and black rings, bags and puffy eyes are not only unattractive, they are very aging.
This unique formula, enriched with active Botanicals and Royal Jelly, works naturally to help minimise the appearance of dark circles and puffiness, softening fine lines and wrinkles, soothes and cools.
Helps to make the fragile eye area skin stronger and better protected.
The cooling gel absorbs quickly and effortlessly with an instant tightening effect.
Using an effective eye gel daily can really help improve the look and feel of your eye area and help you look and feel less tired. This feels cooling and calming and really does make my eyes feel less shattered looking mummy and that bit perkier as I face the day. Full of gentle and ingredients and kind to skin.
So I might feel tired, and I might be clutching a cup off coffee but at least I will look a bit more awake and my eyes won’t be giving away how tired I actually am.