*This is a collaborative post*
This Shaken Udder Recipe for Eton Mess Semifreddo is easy and really delicious and a proper summery treat and takes a traditional recipe for Eton Mess to the next level. We are big fans of Shaken Udder in our house, so we are always keen to find ways to enjoy them, even if they are yummy on their own.
Credit: Matilda Bourne
Time: 45 mins + chilling time
175ml Shaken Udder Strawberries & Clotted Cream milkshake
225ml thick double cream
125ml crème fraîche
280g strawberries, leaves removed and cut into halves
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 meringue nests, crushed
For the strawberry sauce:
12 strawberries, leaves removed
3 tsp icing sugar
1 meringue nest, crushed
1. Line the bottom of a 22cm x 12cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the Shaken Udder Strawberries & Clotted Cream milkshake and thick double cream into a large bowl and whisk with a stand mixer, or an electric whisk, on a high speed for 7-10 minutes until the mixture is thick and airy.
3. Fold in the crème fraîche, sugar, strawberry halves, and crushed meringue, then transfer into the loaf tin. Cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer overnight.
4. To make the strawberry sauce, place the strawberries into a food processor and blitz to a smooth purée. Add the icing sugar and pulse again. Alternatively, this can be done with a stick blender. Pass the strawberry purée through a sieve then place to one side.
5. When you’re ready to serve, take the semifreddo out of the freezer and run a knife around the edge of the tin. Turn out onto your serving plate, remove the greaseproof paper, and top with the crushed meringue, sliced strawberries and strawberry sauce.
Perfect for summer parties, or for when you want something really special but easy to make. Why not give it a try?
So why not give Eton Mess Semifreddo a try? A perfect summery treat for parties or when you just want something extra special…
Shaken Udder is available from Morrisons, Boots, Tesco, Waitrose, Ocado, Co-ops, Boots and WH Smith Travel stores and online.