*PetSafe kindly sent us a water fountain to review and to share about access to safe drinking water for pets*
As a pet owner, I am very aware that safe access to fresh drinking water for pets is very important. Whether it is daily access for their general health and wellbeing, because we all know all pets need freshwater, or for when the weather is hot and you want to make sure your pets are not getting dehydrated, or if you need to go away for a holiday and want to make sure they have a supply of water, you do need to make sure they have access to water.
PetSafe has a great range of options for pet care, we are big fans of their SmartFeeder and their water fountains are great for pets too.
Their Drinkwell® Butterfly Pet Fountain is an easy way to make sure your pet has access to safe drinking water all the time, and once it’s set up, it works away quietly in the corner 24/7.
Give your furry friend fresh, flowing water with the PetSafe® Drinkwell® Butterfly Pet Fountain. A constant stream of water attracts dogs and cats to the water fountain, encouraging them to drink and keeping them hydrated. A removeable butterfly topper adds a fun decorative element to your pet fountain and creates 4 free-falling water streams from which your pet can drink. The topper can easily be removed to create a quiet, bubbling water flow. A carbon filter and foam filter work together to remove pet hair, debris and bad tastes from your best friend’s water. This BPA-free plastic fountain is specifically designed to have no hard-to-reach places when it’s time to clean your pet’s water bowl. PetSafe® brand is here to help you and your pet to live happy together™.
- Multiple stream options – A decorative butterfly topper creates 4 free-falling water streams for your furry pal to drink from; the topper can be removed to provide a quiet, bubbling flow
- Fresh flowing water – Replaceable carbon filter removes bad tastes and odours while the foam filter catches pet hair and debris
- Encourages hydration – With a 1.5-litre water capacity and a constant water flow, this fountain will keep your cat or dog happy and hydrated
- Easy to clean – This BPA-free plastic pet fountain is specifically designed to be easily cleaned with no hard-to-reach places
- Compatible filters – Fountain uses PetSafe® Drinkwell® Carbon Filter no. 6 (PAC00-13906); fountain also uses PetSafe® Drinkwell® Foam Filter no. 5 (PAC00-13711)
It works really well and is actually rather fun and pretty to look at too. It’s not noisy either, so it’s discreet and easy to set up in a space where your pet can access it.
Our older cat Layla is not a fan of drinking water unless it’s out of the bathroom tap or the cup by my bedside but she loves her water fountain and drinks water daily from it. She clearly likes her water fresh so this water fountain is ideal for her.
It’s basically a purrfect system for your cat or dog and we highly recommend it. Layla thinks it’s pawsome. (sorry, couldn’t resist that) and if you need to make sure you have fresh drinking water for pets in your home it is well worth investing in one of these. It’s battery or mains operated so can also be outside if needed. Pet and owner approved. We think that’s a win.